H. W. Cheney, the Cecilton Chevrolet dealer marked the 26th anniversary of taking care of the automobile needs of residents in the southern part of the county in 1954. And he was featuring some great bargains on the used car lot.
Mr. Chyeney established the business in 1928, “starting out with only himself and a mechanic,” the Cecil Democrat reported. By 1954, his workforce had grown to himself, 2 salesmen, 4 mechanics, a parts man, and two clerical personnel, the newspaper reported.
The Democrat reported that the dealership “was one of the oldest in continuous operations in Cecil County.” Mr. Cheyney was active in civic affairs, serving the community in many ways, which includes the town board.