The expansion of Singerly Fire Company’s main fire station on Newark Avenue in Elkton is moving right along. At the station that has has served the community for forty years, demands on the facility have grown since 1971 so the enlarged structure will have eight fire appartus bays facing Newark Avenue. Singerly responds to fire and EMS calls out of three stations now, but when the company incorporated in 1892 it answered alarms from its headquarters on North Street in downtown Elktokn. The mayor and commissioners had built that structure a short time earlier to serve as a town hall and firehouse.
Follow Cecil County History on Facebook
- Paul Fleming on On Memorial Day 1947, Eastern Airlines Flight 605 Crashed Near Port Deposit
- Mike Dixon on Dr. Tierney Published Highly Acclaimed Women’s Studies Encyclopedia
- James Sentman on Dr. Tierney Published Highly Acclaimed Women’s Studies Encyclopedia
- Mike Dixon on Remembering a Rising Sun Sailor Lost on the USS Battleship Maine
- Lona Tanner on Remembering a Rising Sun Sailor Lost on the USS Battleship Maine
- Mike Dixon on The 1960s, a Decade of Protest — the Local Perspective
- Lona Tanner on The 1960s, a Decade of Protest — the Local Perspective
- Mike Dixon on Iron Hill was once a thriving village.
- Jane Wassmer on Iron Hill was once a thriving village.
- Ancestor's Picture in the Newspapers? Three Steps to an Amazing Photograph news.legacyfamilytree.com/legacy_news/20… 2 days ago
- Chasing that probate legalgenealogist.com/blog/2015/05/1… 2 days ago
- Genealogy Website Ancestry.com Explores Sale recode.net/2015/05/20/gen… 2 days ago
- Brown v. Board of Education Came Very Close To Being A Dark Day In American History thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/0… 3 days ago
- Ancestor's Picture in the Newspapers? Three Steps to an Amazing Photograph news.legacyfamilytree.com/legacy_news/20… 3 days ago
- David McCullough Explains Why Librarians Are the Best thereadingroom.com/blog/david-mcc… 4 days ago
- What’s New in the National Archives Catalog: WWI Photographs aotus.blogs.archives.gov/2015/05/05/wha… 4 days ago
- Improving media capacity: The decline of midsized papers brookings.edu/blogs/fixgov/p… 4 days ago
- How Google Could Offer "All Access" News Subscriptions & Help Journalism marketingland.com/google-all-acc… 4 days ago
- Tri-State Marker Trail Dedication and Celebration of the 250th Anniversary of the Mason Dixon Survey May 11, 2015
- 94-Year Old Relative of Officer Killed in Line of Duty in 1915 Attends Wilmington Police Ceremony May 11, 2015
- Maryland Paper Money: An Illustrated History, 1864-1935 Released May 11, 2015
- 236,990 hits