The expansion of Singerly Fire Company’s main fire station on Newark Avenue in Elkton is moving right along. At the station that has has served the community for forty years, demands on the facility have grown since 1971 so the enlarged structure will have eight fire appartus bays facing Newark Avenue. Singerly responds to fire and EMS calls out of three stations now, but when the company incorporated in 1892 it answered alarms from its headquarters on North Street in downtown Elktokn. The mayor and commissioners had built that structure a short time earlier to serve as a town hall and firehouse.
Follow Cecil County History on Facebook
- Mike Dixon on Remembering a Rising Sun Sailor Lost on the USS Battleship Maine
- Lona Tanner on Remembering a Rising Sun Sailor Lost on the USS Battleship Maine
- Mike Dixon on The 1960s, a Decade of Protest — the Local Perspective
- Lona Tanner on The 1960s, a Decade of Protest — the Local Perspective
- Mike Dixon on Iron Hill was once a thriving village.
- Jane Wassmer on Iron Hill was once a thriving village.
- Mike Dixon on A Susquehanna River Village That Vanished — Conowingo
- Marie Sypolt on Perryville Railroad Site Accepted Into the National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom
- Maria Zambuto on A Susquehanna River Village That Vanished — Conowingo
- Museums Turn to Technology to Boost Attendance by Millennials nyti.ms/1FuloCw 13 hours ago
- Blogging Mill Creek Hundred History While Piecing Together Puzzles About the Past wp.me/ph5G9-Ts 1 day ago
- Learn ABout LIfe for Young Ladies in the 1860s Through Dance, Games & Music of the Period wp.me/ph5G9-Tn 2 days ago
- How Facebook is becoming the Wal-Mart for news zite.to/1ym2MOW 2 days ago
- Selfies popular in museums, but some see them as trouble zite.to/1G3GTKI 2 days ago
- Use “Collection Management Policies” to Curate Your Collectibles zite.to/1NpsMzY 2 days ago
- Middletown Historical Society Digitizes the Historical Editions of the Middletown Transcript wp.me/p2IGzo-rt 2 days ago
- Delaware Treated to a Spectacle as Suffragettes Tramp Across State wp.me/ph5G9-Ti 2 days ago
- Popular History Happy Hour in Kent County Features Chilling Murder Story wp.me/ph5G9-Te 4 days ago
- Cecil and Harford County Newspapers Available Online at Maryland State Archives
- An Ancient Punishment - The Whipping Post Last Used in Cecil in 1940
- Pan American Airways Crash Worst Disaster in Maryland History
- Port Herman: An Annual Gathering Place for Vacationers
- A Susquehanna River Village That Vanished -- Conowingo
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 232,533 hits