The restoration of Hebron’s Gift, an 18th century Calvert dwelling, is being documented on a blog that shows the progress of the undertaking and shares interesting findings. Hebron’s Gift was first owned by John Daye in 1739 and the present kitchen dates from that time, according to the Maryland Historical Trust. John Daye also established a tanyard east of his dwelling that same year. It remained in operation for over 100 years. The main house was built about 1800. Readers of a Window on Cecil County’s Past may find this weblog of interest.
Click here to go to the Hebron’s Gift.